Friday, July 10, 2015

Happy 5th Anniversary!

Today is our FIFTH wedding anniversary!  I cannot believe it has been FIVE years!  It feels like we just got married a year or two ago.  I was thinking last night about all of the things we've done and been through together, especially since being married, and I came to the conclusion that we have been busy!  In five years, we have:

  • moved four times (two apartments, Ben's parents' house, and our house)
  • both returned to school and graduated with our masters degrees
  • new career and job for me
  • adopted two dogs, only one of which worked out, and found one dog a new home
  • been to numerous weddings
  • said goodbye to family members, especially my great-grandmother, Ben's grandmother, and his childhood dog
  • bought and built a house
  • had two beautiful twin girls!

I thought it would be kind of fun to look back at pictures of us together (they are not in any particular order).  We started dating January 31, 2008 and have been together for seven years, married for five!  It has been a great five years!

 
Hiking Diamond Head in Hawaii on our honeymoon

 
The night he asked me to be his girlfriend!






 
Highschool stereotypes dance



 
Wacky & Tacky dance

 
My 21st birthday



 
Halloween



 
My best friend's wedding





 
July 10, 2010



 
We had a BIG secret we were keeping!

 
Not a secret anymore!

Ben,
It's been a crazy and wild five years together!  I am so happy and blessed that God brought you into my life as my partner in crime, my soulmate, my sidekick.  He definitely knew what He was doing when He brought us together.  We have been through the good and bad and I can't imagine having anyone else by my side for this wild ride.  I can't wait to see what the future brings us with our family!  I love you sweetheart.  Te amo infinity!

No comments:

Post a Comment