Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Memorable Day and Summer To-Do List

July 1, 2014....the day I found out I was pregnant!! A day you will never forget.  I had just started my second week of summer school and wasn't feeling well at all.  While in the grocery store, I passed the seafood counter and thought I was going to throw up...and then I thought, "Wait a second, I usually love the smell of seafood...could I be pregnant?!"  So I bought a test, took it home, and hid it under the sink because I was too chicken to take it right away, haha!  I waited until 9pm that night, took the test and there they were, two very bright lines.  And then I went to bed...I needed some time to process it and didn't tell Ben until the next day.  Of course it was the longest day EVER and Ben ended up working late.  I was bursting at the seams to tell someone but of course I wanted to tell him first.  He came home and I followed him upstairs with Riley and handed him a "Happy Father's Day" card from Riley.  On the inside I wrote something about her having to share him now but she would get use to it.  He read the card while I waited in anticipation, looked at me, and said, "Thanks." and closed the card.  I stared at him and said, "You don't get it, do you?"  He just looked at me very confused, reread the card, and then looked at me in shock!  His reaction was so funny and perfect!  And then the real waiting began...waiting until our first appointment three weeks later and waiting to tell our families!  Little did we know that we had TWO little monsters cooking!  July 1st will always be one of my favorite days!


Since it's the first of the month, I thought I would update my Summer To-Do List and see what I have accomplished, if anything, in the week and a half since school got out.  Here we go!

Summer 2015 To Do List
  • Spend as much time as possible with the girls and Ben
  • Organize my math centers for school
  • Read!  I don't do this enough during the school year so I hope to get lost in a few good books this summer.
  • Riley's annual vet visit  
  • Transition the girls into their cribs/own room instead of the rock & plays in our room
  • Beach trips! 
  • Day trip to the zoo
  • Day trip to the aquarium
  • Texas trip to introduce the girls to Ben's family
  • Organize the coat closet
  • Get Ben to build my cubbies since we don't have a mudroom
  • Maybe open a "store" on Teachers Pay Teachers
  • Get a bigger car!  Beach trips will be very hard in my civic!
Well, three things off the list in 10 days!  That's not too bad.  I am hoping to cross off the bulk of this list in July.  Happy Halfway Through 2015!  


No comments:

Post a Comment