Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Beach Trip Days 4, 5, & 6!

Ahhh, I just love the beach, don't you?  I love visiting all year long and am looking forward to many memories with our girls in the years to come!
 

Anyways, I'm here to finish up recapping our beach trip!  Monday was my mom's birthday and it was fun to hang out with her at one of our favorite places (the beach, duh!)  I bought the birthday girl breakfast, which was the BEST donuts on earth, Fractured Prune!  If you are ever near one, you NEED to try their donuts...they are so good and come hot out of the oven!  And it's not just regular donuts, they have tons of toppings and glazes, all of which you can mix and match, and they have ones they've put together, like Blueberry Crunch, Strawberry Shortcake, etc.  So good!


 
Pure goodness...OC Sand, Strawberry Shortcake, and Key Lime Pie

After we ate breakfast, we headed out to the beach!  Again, we only stayed a few hours with the girls but we soaked up all of the relaxing we could get because we know that next year, we won't have that luxury!  After lunch, we watched Frozen because my mom had not seen the movie before and when you work with elementary school kids (she's a teacher too) you need to be up-to-date on your Disney movies.  She agreed with me that it's a pretty good movie!  The rest of the afternoon was just relaxing around the condo and playing with the girls.  My dad came down after work for dinner and he brought crabs with him!  Maryland's blue crabs are one of my favorite meals and being from the Eastern Shore, I am a born seafood lover.  We ate our way through the crabs and then had enough leftover to pick through and make crab cakes for the next day.  So good!





We finished off the birthday day with some sweets from a new shop down the street...between the three of us we had ice cream, cake pops, and a cupcake.  Yum!

On Tuesday we did a little shopping.  We met my grandmother at the outlets and went to a few stores.  As we came out to load up, feed the babies, and head to the boardwalk, we noticed a dog in the car in front of us.  It was in the 90s and this poor dog was pacing in the car, panting, and generally just not looking great.  The windows were down about 3 inches and we waited a few short minutes to see if the owner came out.  When they didn't, we decided to call the local police who took TEN minutes to come!  I was so frustrated that they took so long to come.  And the officer was no help...he looked at the car and dog, put his hand inside the window, and told us that the dog had water and it actually felt somewhat cool in there.  Um, no that is impossible.  A car can easily reach the 120s in ten minutes in the heat, even with the windows rolled down.  And he doesn't have a fur coat and wasn't sitting in there for at least 15 minutes last time I checked.  I was so mad at him.  Anyways, he basically said there wasn't much he could do so he walked around to try to find the owners and talk to them.  Right before we left the owners came out and left.  I glared at them as they left since that's all I could do.

Anyways, after that, we headed to the boardwalk.  My grandmother and I got some Thrashers Fries, the best fries on planet earth.  I love fries and these are so good, I always get some when we go to the beach.  And don't ask for ketchup...they don't have them and will stare at you like you are crazy if you ask.

 
Road trip?





After our yummy and nutritious lunch, we walked down the boardwalk and went into a couple of stores.  My grandmother bought me a few things (thanks Mom mom!) and we went into an art gallery to look for artwork for my dad's birthday.  Tuesday night was just us girls and we spent the evening packing and cleaning up.

 
Art Gallery

Wednesday was basically a travel day.  We left the beach in the morning and stopped at my family's business to say hi and to feed the girls.  Then we continued on to my parents' house where we ran some errands in town, got lunch, and then went back to their house to feed the girls and take them swimming.  My mom bought the girls these things called an Otteroo.  It is basically a floatie for babies 8 weeks and up.  It goes around their neck and I know, it looks horrible and torturous, but I promise the girls did not complain!  It fits right around them and they can swim with it!  Mom and I were right by their sides the entire time so don't worry.  Noelle liked to kick around on her back while Natalie turned over and did a doggy paddle!

 
Noelle & Natalie



(I have some videos too but trying to figure out how to upload them)

After swimming we cleaned up and then the girls and I continued on home.  It was nice to get home but we already miss the beach!  I am already looking forward to next year when they are really going to enjoy it (hopefully)!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment