Monday, August 17, 2015

To Do List Update

Well friends, summer is over! Today marks my first day back to work, my fourth year teaching, and my LAST day as a non-tenured teacher!  In my county, you work for 3 years and 1 day to get tenure so as of tomorrow morning, I will be officially tenured!  Woohoo!  Basically that means that I will only have to have observations and be evaluated every three years instead of every year, and I will only have two observations a year instead of four. 


Even though summer isn't officially over until September something, it's pretty much over for me so I thought I'd update my Summer to-do list.  I think I did pretty good with my 8 weeks of summer!


Summer 2015 To Do List
  • Spend as much time as possible with the girls and Ben
  • Organize my math centers for school
  • Read!  I don't do this enough during the school year so I hope to get lost in a few good books this summer.  <---- I read a total of six books!  Not bad for 8 weeks!
  • Riley's annual vet visit 
  • Transition the girls into their cribs/own room instead of the rock & plays in our room
  • Beach trips! You can read about our trips here, here, here, and here!
  • Day trip to the zoo <---- We put this on hold till the fall.  Too hot!
  • Day trip to the aquarium
  • Texas trip to introduce the girls to Ben's family  <----Turned into our Tampa trip! (Days 1&2, Days 3&4)
  • Organize the coat closet 
  • Get Ben to build my cubbies since we don't have a mudroom <---- we (Ben) redesigned our plans for this and bought the supplies to get started!  That counts for crossing it off, right? 
  • Maybe open a "store" on Teachers Pay Teachers
  • Get a bigger car!  Beach trips will be very hard in my civic! Got a 2013 Toyota Sienna and I love it!  Still trying to think of a good name for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment