Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Recipe Club Link Up!

Today I am joining my first link up party ever!  It is with one of my favorite bloggers, Andrea over at Momfessionals!  I love reading Andrea's blog about her and her family!  They live in TX and actually live in the town right next to one of my besties, Hannah!  I always read her blog, hoping to see Hannah's kids in the background or hear that she met a new friend from Maryland...so far, no luck!



On the last Wednesday of the month, (how is it the last Wednesday of June already?!?), Andrea hosts a Recipe Club link up party and I thought I'd try to join in the fun this time.  Of course I was really prepared since I have absolutely no pictures of my recipe but enjoy this google image.  Here you go!




Raspberry Bars
Ingredients
  • 1 package of yellow cake mix
  • 3C rolled oats
  • 3/4C butter, melted
  • 1 jar raspberry jam
  • 1 T water 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a 9x13" pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, cake mix, and melted butter.
  3. Press 1/2 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan.
  4. In a separate bowl, mix jam with water.  Spread over crust and sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top.
  5. Bake for 18-23 minutes or until top is lightly browned.  Once cooled, refrigerate before cutting (makes the cutting easier). 

I love this recipe because it's quick and easy to make and a crowd pleaser!  It's a recipe that I can keep all the ingredients in my pantry in case I need something without much notice.  It is also to make gluten-free and/or dairy-free!  To make it gluten-free, just use GF yellow cake mix and (depending on how sensitive your GF friend is) GF oats.  To make dairy-free, just substitute the butter for dairy-free margarine.  Simple Balance makes a dairy-free one that you can get in most grocery stores.

Wish I had thought ahead and taken some pictures but I forgot....I promise these are delicious!  Great for summer!  You can also try it with strawberry jam but I love the raspberry so much that I can't bring myself to switch.

Happy Wednesday!  Thanks for the Recipe Club party Momfessionals!   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment