On the last Wednesday of the month, (how is it the last Wednesday of June already?!?), Andrea hosts a Recipe Club link up party and I thought I'd try to join in the fun this time. Of course I was really prepared since I have absolutely no pictures of my recipe but enjoy this google image. Here you go!
- 1 package of yellow cake mix
- 3C rolled oats
- 3/4C butter, melted
- 1 jar raspberry jam
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13" pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, cake mix, and melted butter.
- Press 1/2 of the oat mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix jam with water. Spread over crust and sprinkle remaining oat mixture on top.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Once cooled, refrigerate before cutting (makes the cutting easier).
I love this recipe because it's quick and easy to make and a crowd pleaser! It's a recipe that I can keep all the ingredients in my pantry in case I need something without much notice. It is also to make gluten-free and/or dairy-free! To make it gluten-free, just use GF yellow cake mix and (depending on how sensitive your GF friend is) GF oats. To make dairy-free, just substitute the butter for dairy-free margarine. Simple Balance makes a dairy-free one that you can get in most grocery stores.
Wish I had thought ahead and taken some pictures but I forgot....I promise these are delicious! Great for summer! You can also try it with strawberry jam but I love the raspberry so much that I can't bring myself to switch.
Happy Wednesday! Thanks for the Recipe Club party Momfessionals!