Mini Cheesecake Recipe
Yields: 12 servings or 20 mini servings
Vanilla wafers or mini vanilla wafers (used if you're making the mini cheesecakes)
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
2 T of lemon juice
2/3 C white sugar
toppings: chocolate chips, cherry pie filling, strawberry jam, raspberry jam, whipped cream, etc.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Line muffin tins with paper baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in each cup.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs, lemon juice, and sugar. Beat until smooth and thoroughly combined.
4. Fill each baking cup 2/3 full with cream cheese mixture.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Add any toppings you desire!
Cream cheese, eggs, lemon juice and sugar all mixed!
I made the mini ones using my mini muffin pan
Aren't these cupcake liners adorable?
Mini vanilla wafer in place
Scooping the mixture in
All filled up!
Now what I did was heat up some strawberry and raspberry jam in the microwave and swirl it in the cheesecakes before baking. What I learned was that while this works great on the regular muffin sized ones, the mini ones get weighed down by the jam and sink in. (See pictures below) They were still yummy, just sunken in!
I forgot to take pictures of the final masterpiece but I put a strawberry on top of the strawberry swirled ones and a raspberry on top of the raspberry swirled ones. Next time, I would add the fruit and then drizzle on the jam at the end instead of swirling it in.