Saturday, April 7, 2012

Aunt Dorothy

So I have some sad and wonderful news to share.  Yesterday, my great Aunt Dorothy went home to be with Jesus!  She was in her 90's and had been suffering from some complications due to a past surgery so while it is sad news for me and my family, it is wonderful for her.  Heaven gained another angel yesterday!  I know Aunt Dorothy is now looking down on us and is rejoicing in meeting her Savior!  I am sure she is also very happy to be with her hubby again, my Uncle Jennings who we said good-bye to almost 7 years ago.  I am also sure she is hanging out with her baby brother, my Grandfather, who we said good-bye to when I was in 4th grade.  Uncle Jennings and Pop pop, we miss you too!!!

Aunt Dorothy was such a wonderful person!  I loved getting to visit with her and she always was asking about me, Ben, even Riley!  She loved dogs and I remember her little dog, Tink.  Now that I think of it, I am sure Tink is happy to see her too!  She also loved my parents dogs, Oakley and Mali.  Aunt Dorothy always knew how to tell a good joke and give a great hug.  We will surely miss her hugs!

Here are some pictures of my wonderful Aunt.  I think most of them are from the wedding, which is a funny story!  At the time of the wedding, we weren't sure if she would be able to come because she had been having some issues and she was in a rehab place (I think at least) to work on getting better.  Anyways, she was able to come and apparently had to be back at the rehab place by 7:30pm!  At 8:00pm she was still at the wedding!  She kept saying how she had broken curfew and how she was such a rebel! Again, great sense of humor!  Finally, she left but not before she gave me one of her great hugs and smiles!










No comments:

Post a Comment