Sunday, February 12, 2017

Happy 2nd Birthday Natalie!

Happy birthday my Natalie Danielle!  I can't believe you are TWO years old!  It seems just like yesterday that I was holding you in my arms, feeding you with a syringe, and now you eat with a fork and spoon.  You have grown so much this past year, from taking wobbly steps before your first birthday to running, jumping, and climbing on everything you can.


You are my cuddle-bug, you love to sit in someone's lap, give hugs and noses, and holding hands.  You have a heart of gold and your first priority is always your sister.  This relationship between you two is so unique and awesome.  When I get you out of the car first, you ask if Noelle is coming too.  If I take you downstairs first, you tell Noelle I'll "be back" for her.  If Noelle is crying you bring her a toy or her pacy to make her feel better.  If Noelle is in time out for pushing you, you go and sit with her until the time is up.  Your love for your sister is so incredibly sweet.

You are my rule-follower, my easy-going baby who will do whatever is asked of her.  You don't like to get messy but you love playing with baby dolls, toy phones, balls, and your Little People play sets.  You also LOVE to read and would sit and read for a long time if you could. 

Like your sister, we're in that picky food stage of life and while you will try a few more things than her, you also love your fruit, goldfish, and cheese.  You also love your monkey to bits and your blankie is one of your favorite things to hold and cuddle.  You still suck your thumb and I'm trying to figure out a way to explain to you that you have to stop soon.

You enjoy singing and dancing to every song that comes on and you love to use sign language.  You are a little quieter than your sister but you still gain new words every day and are starting to string words together into sentences.  You are working on your counting and can almost count to 11 every time!

Natalie, you are a toddler now but you will always be my baby, my sweet surprise that only God knew about until the timing was just right to surprise us (and everyone else!) with your presence.  Happy birthday little love!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment