Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Wedding #2!

Wedding #2 of 2016 is in the books and it was the wedding of one of my closest friends, Kaitlyn!  Kaitlyn and I met in 7th grade and we actually didn't like each other until high school when we both made the varsity soccer team as freshmen.  The positions we played depended on each other and if we wanted to win games, we had to get along.  So we did!  I've actually known her fiance (now husband!) since kindergarten and we've gone to school K-12.  He even had my mom as a teacher in 4th grade.  One of his sisters is also one of my closest friends (and her wedding is next year...can't wait!)

I was honored that Kaitlyn asked me to be her matron of honor.  My other BFF/Kaitlyn's soon to be sister-in-law/her BFF, Kara, was the maid of honor, and Kaitlyn's other soon to be sister-in-law, Katelyn (yeah I know, it's confusing, haha!) was the other bridesmaid.  Joel's groomsmen was his brother, his close friend (and Kara's fiance),  and his cousin.  Joel & Kaitlyn got married at the Silver Swan in Kent Island and it was a BEAUTIFUL location.  The ceremony took place on the water and we couldn't have had more perfect weather.  The sun was shining and a light breeze was coming off the bay and it kept us cool enough that we weren't sweating buckets.  The reception also took place at the Silver Swan and it was both inside and out so that people could sit wherever they wanted.

I have some pictures to share but not a ton since I was in it!  I should've had Ben take pictures during the ceremony...I'll have to remember that for the next one.

We had a wonderful rehearsal dinner the night before at a restaurant in town.  The rehearsal itself was a few weeks before since the venue was booked for the night before the wedding.  The restaurant is kinda small so they closed for our private event which made me feel really special and fancy!  I have no pictures from it so you'll just have to picture it for yourself.  The food was fabulous, a few toasts were given, and Joel's mom read this awesome poem that she wrote!  Seriously it was several pages long and so good!  Then a cute slideshow was shown of the bride & groom growing up and we had lots of laughs over old photos.  Then I said goodnight to Ben and headed back to Kaitlyn's house for a sleepover!  Kara and I finished up our joint toast that we would be giving and then headed over to Kaitlyn's.  We stayed up a little late, giggled a lot, played some madlibs, and tried to get some sleep.

We woke up the next morning to a delicious breakfast prepared by Kaitlyn's dad and then we headed to the salon!  We had mimosas, got our hair done, make-up done, and I got my nails done since I didn't have time at all the week leading up to the wedding to get them done.

Katelyn

Kara

Ms. Diane, the groom's mom

Kara again...see her cute shirt?  Kaitlyn gave us all these monogrammed shirts to wear while we got ready!

Our hair all ended up with the same idea but slightly different looks.  We all had a braid of some sort on the side into a messy bun.

Waiting on my manicurist to come back!

Kara

Kara's hair

Katelyn's hair

Katelyn

Fingers ready!

Kara & Kaitlyn

Getting my hair done!  I ended up with two braids, one on each side, into a messy bun.  I loved it!

Several of the next pictures were stolen off of Facebook since I didn't have any of the ceremony.

Kara and I were looking at each other trying to keep from crying!  (I'm the short one in the middle)

The kiss!

This was our entrance into the reception.  I know you can't really see me but I added this picture because our DJ looked just like Will Ferrell!  

First dance as husband and wife.

Kaitlyn and her dad

Joel and his mom

Cutting the cake!  They had a little cake for the two of them and then cupcakes for the guests.



Kara and I gave a joint speech which I really liked doing.





The cupcakes were sooooo good!  I was excited that there were leftovers so I could take them home!  Well I ended up taking them as dessert for Father's Day the next day.

The sunset was beautiful!

I cannot wait to see these pictures!



My handsome date!



CC, me, and Kara, friends since high school


BFFs

Kara's fiance, Derek, has got some moves!  He loves to dance at weddings haha

Time for the bride to toss her bouquet!  The girls were jostling for a good position...

and Kara caught it!  (blue smudge in the middle)

Dancing the night away!

I had so much fun celebrating one of my best friend's wedding to her guy, the boy next door.  I was so excited to be a part of her special day!




No comments:

Post a Comment