Friday, May 15, 2015

Mother's Day

Last weekend was a BUSY weekend for us!  We were on the go all weekend but it was fun because we spent most of our time with family.  The weekend started off Friday night with dinner at my in-laws house because Ben's aunt and uncle were in town from Texas.  It was such a nice evening that we sat on the porch, passed babies around, and had a good time relaxing.


Saturday was our least hectic day.  We celebrated Mother's Day with Ben's mom by going out to dinner at a nearby restaurant called Timbuktu.  We had never been before but the food was really good!  We had lunch with Ben's parents, aunt & uncle, and Kevin.  It was really nice to spend some more time with Nanne & Wayne before they headed on to see Nanne's family.  The girls did great and pretty much slept through the entire lunch after we fed them.  Ben hung out with Kevin Saturday night while I relaxed and watched TV!  Not something I get to do often!




Sunday was super busy for us but a lot of fun too.  We left in the morning to go visit my parents on the Eastern Shore for Mother's Day.  They hosted a cookout for the entire family so we were able to see my grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins.  We also had some special visitors before the cookout began!  My parents' longtime friends came over to meet the babies for the first time.  Mr. Logan & Mrs. Cindy have known me since before I was born and were our old neighbors.  They enjoyed getting to meet the girls and we had fun showing them off!

 
Mr. Logan & Mrs. Cindy

 
They brought the girls a giant stuffed chicken family.

 
Mom and her Mother's Day gifts.


 
Noelle (pink headband) and Natalie's (blue headband) little hand prints!








 
Took a few tries but we finally got a good picture of us with the girls.  In the background is a picture of my mom's mom, my grandmother.




 
Noelle and her great-grandmother

 
Family




My first Mother's Day was exactly what I wanted...spending time with Ben, the girls, and family.  It was nice that we were able to see both moms and my grandmother during the weekend.  Ben's gift to me was supposed to be a set of professional pictures of the girls at 4m, 6m, 9m, and 12m but he also gave me tickets to see my FAVORITE band, Rascal Flatts!  We are going in June and I am so excited!  It's been 6 years since I saw them in concert and the last time we went, I actually thought Ben was going to propose to me...he didn't but that's okay.  He gave me an awesome proposal a few months later, haha.  My inlaws gave me a set of adorable tea towels with a mom quote on them and an Etsy gift card.  My parents gave me an IOU babysitting day so I can get a mani and pedi sometime this summer.

 
I think we have a thumb sucker on our hands!  Natalie is occasionally sucking her thumb now.


 
Noelle is really getting some great head control!


I hope you and your family enjoyed your Mother's Day weekend with all the special women in your life!
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day Lyndsey! I am so glad to see that it was filled with family and your girls! :) They are so blessed to have such a wonderful momma!

    ReplyDelete