Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekend Recap-Firetrucks, Baby Shower, Church

It was a busy weekend in the Alvarez household!  Our weekend started off on Friday afternoon when I took the girls to school to drop off a few things, one of which was money for an upcoming Orioles game with school!  We will be taking the girls for their first game in May!  Anyways when we got there, we were swarmed by co-workers and as we were talking inside, all of a sudden the fire alarm went off!  We looked at each other and asked if it was a drill for the aftercare kids or the real deal and as we were deciding on what to do, the principal came out and told us all to get out.  So we went outside and hung out in the parking lot for about 30 minutes while we waited for the firetrucks to come and make sure the school wasn't on fire.  Turns out, one of the alarms was pulled in the cafeteria where the aftercare kids are...I don't know if they caught them or not.  So the girls had their first fire drill and saw their first fire truck!  By the time we got back inside, it was almost 5 and everyone was anxious to go home so we didn't get to visit as much as we would've liked to.  Thankfully it was in the 60s and not raining while we were outside!


On Saturday, the girls and I went to a baby shower for my friends from college, Chelsie and Ricky.  They will be welcoming their first, a baby boy, in a few weeks!  The nursery theme is jungle and the shower was adorably decked out in a jungle theme.  We played a few shower games, watched Chelsie open gifts, and ate yummy food!  The girls were great and slept most of the time.  They were passed around to everyone during the shower and got to meet many new people!  As I'm writing this, I realized that I didn't take any pictures at all, so sorry for that!  I promise, it was a really cute shower!



Also on Saturday, Natalie smiled for the first time!  My mom was on her way to an appointment and stopped by to see the girls and while we were playing, she smiled! They've yet to smile since but it's not for lack of trying on my part!

  On Sunday, the girls went to church for the first time!  We haven't been to church in forever because I got to a point where I couldn't sit in the comfy chairs for that long while I was pregnant and once they were born, we were waiting for it to warm up a bit and for them to be a little older.  So at two months yesterday, they went for the first time!  My mother-in-law does nursery and April was one of her months so she was excited that they were coming so she could show them off to everyone.  We also met a few parents of twins while there and even parents to a set of triplets!  No one got kicked out and I was told they were great during the service.  Supposedly they ate and slept...what a life!  After church, we had lunch with my in-laws and hung out with them for awhile before heading home to relax for the rest of our Sunday!

 
Sunday morning snuggles.

 
Practicing tummy time!  Not their favorite.

 
Ready for church!


 
Riley practicing tummy time with them!

 
As I was typing this, I was able to get Noelle to smile! So here is the first picture of my baby smiling!

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment