Monday, August 7, 2017

Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe

I'd really like to start sharing more recipes on here in case anyone else is looking for new ideas!  This is one I saw on Facebook the other day and it looked so good!  I was in the middle of making my grocery list so I went ahead and added everything to my list.  I'm not a traditional chicken salad fan but this one had all the right ingredients!

I didn't think to take pictures until the second day and by then the avocado started turning brown (still tasty!) and didn't look good for pictures so just take my word that it was good and click on the link!  Best part this is fairly healthy and gluten free!  I think I will be making this for the upcoming school year for lunches!  It's good as-is or with crackers!  Probably would taste great in a pita or wrap too.

-------> Avocado Chicken Salad Recipe

Now, here are the things I did to make the recipe a little easier...

- I used the rotisserie chicken but I kind of just threw chicken in until it looked like enough

- For the corn I just grabbed a steamer frozen bag of corn, threw it in the microwave and dumped it all in.  I like corn so more is good!

- Whenever a recipe calls for cooked bacon, I just grab a bag of those real bacon bits (not the crunchy ones) and use those.  More convenient for me than cooking bacon and chopping it up.

- I used dill weed seasoning instead of fresh.  It's what I had in the cabinet.

- I also used the lemon juice in a bottle.  It's easier then squeezing a few lemons.  Unless the recipe calls for zest, then I use the real stuff.

So there you have it!  Try the recipe out and tell me what you think!  I think it's really tasty and will be a good lunch option for this school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment