Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Bridal Shower!

A few weekends ago I went to one of my best friend's bridal showers!  Her wedding is in July and I am fortunate enough to be in it!  Kayla and I met in college, roomed together sophomore year and part of junior year.  She was in my wedding and now I get to be in hers!  I'm so excited for it this summer!


The shower was at her parents' house and it was a garden theme.  Kayla is one of those people who loves mix-matchy things so guests were asked to bring a bowl, plate, or cup for her collection.  It was fun to see what people brought!

I was asked to be the recorder for the gifts so I don't have as many pictures as I normally would.

 
Some of her mix-matched collection.

 
So many beautiful plates!




 
The beautiful bride!

 
So one thing about me and Kayla...we both love sign language and have it on our bucket lists to learn ASL.  We have both taken an ASL class (separately) and love to sign to each other to practice.  In college we would try to learn one sign a day.  So I thought long and hard about what dish to get her and found this really cool shop on Etsy called Twin Daisy Designs and the shop specializes in twin products and sign language products!  A match made in heaven for me!  So I contacted the shop owner and she created a mug that has Kayla's name in sign language.  The owner was even sweet enough to waive the rush fee for me!  Kayla LOVED the mug and I really want to get one for myself now!


 
Doing our name signs haha...we're nerds.

 
Her mom asked us to decorate garden stones that Kayla can use at her new house.  These were the two I did.  Another thing about the two of us is that we had four baby turtles as pets our sophomore year of college.  We weren't supposed to have anything more than a fish in a fishbowl but we made friends with the RAs and they thought the turtles were cute so we got to keep them.  We named them after the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, hence the TMNT rock.  And in case you were wondering what happened to the turtles, we gave them to a friend's mom who raises turtles once they got too big for the dorm life.


 
Her rehearsal bouquet!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment