Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Survey


Just thought this would be something fun to do on Christmas Eve Eve!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper all the way!  Unless the present is too weirdly shaped to wrap.  Regardless, each present is decked out in ribbons and bows!


2. Real tree or artificial?
I grew up with artificial trees so I am an artificial girl.  Especially a pre-lit, artificial tree.  I like artificial because they don't make a mess, I don't have to remember to water the tree, and I can put it up right after Thanksgiving and leave it till New Years and not have to worry about the tree dying!

3. When do you put up the tree?
Weekend after Thanksgiving


4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually right after New Year's Day, depending on the schedule

5. Do you like eggnog?
I've never tried it but it doesn't sound very good.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Too many to count!  I loved getting games, movies, clothes, books, cool things...I love every present!

 7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I don't!! :(  That is on my to get list for next year's Christmas.  It's hard for me to find one I like because I LOVE the one my parents have.   


8. Hardest person to buy for?
This changes every year....sometimes the hubby, sometimes the brother-in-law.


9. Easiest person to buy for?
My parents and brother because they provide lists!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail of course!  With a cute picture

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I have gotten some un-fun Secret Santa/White Elephant gifts, like a little vial of "gold flakes" from the West.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
All of them!  I especially love the classics like the Grinch, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty, etc.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually November....try to at least

14. Ever recycled a present?
I don't think I have but maybe!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Oysters, sugar cookies, molasses cookies, mac & cheese...yum!

16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?
Clear...they look so much prettier! (And that's what usually comes on the pre-lit trees, haha!) 

17. Favorite Christmas song?
The First Noel and Sleigh Ride <--- my favorite one to play on my saxophone

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
Sort of but I do stay in the state of MD.  No more than 90 minutes in the car.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Duh...that's a silly question

20. Angel or star on top of the tree?
A star...they are so much cooler than an angel

21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Both!  Christmas eve with my parents, brother, and grandparents
Christmas morning with the hubby, then his family

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
People.  Traffic.  Parking Lots.  Spending money. Thinking up gifts for those hard people.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
My tree has tons of different ornaments and I love them all.  They make the tree unique!  Though, I am partial to my I Love Lucy ornaments and one called the Jammie Pies ornament.

24. What do you want for Christmas?

Kindle books, Itunes gift card, some Toms shoes, and money for the camera I am saving up for!

No comments:

Post a Comment