Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day/Mini Vacay

Hello friends and family!  Hopefully this post finds you in a well air-conditioned room!  It has been in the 90's the past few days and it's only May!!  Well, it's June now, but that's still pretty hot and it is technically still spring!

Just want to give a shout-out to my parents, David and Carla Hill, who are celebrating their 27th wedding anniversary today!

I know Memorial Day was a few days ago but I haven't had a chance to blog yet.  Ben and I ended up at my grandparents house for a little cook-out with some other family members.  We had these AWESOME wine slushy things that my grandparents got in Florida and some tasty meat!  The meal was finished off with some homemade ice cream, chocolate cake (ew!), and homemade apple dumplings! We didn't do much, everyone just relaxed in whatever shade that could be found.

After we ate to our hearts content, Ben and I headed down to Ocean City for a few days.  Since my program is full time and starts next week (gasp!), we decided this would be a good time to take a little vacation.  The extended Hill family has a condo down on 81st street so we got to stay for free!  We had a great time down there, lots of relaxing and having fun.  Monday evening we walked the boardwalk and ended up in one of the arcades.  We both got $10 worth of quarters and played to see who got the most tickets!  Ben won by a long shot...you can see it in a picture below but he hit the jackpot on one game!  We also ate dinner which was a soft pretzel for B and some Thrashers french fries for me!!!

Tuesday was a beautiful day!  We started the morning off by getting our breakfast from the Fractured Prune which is an OC must!  You can see the donuts below but they are de-lish-i-ous!!!  Check out their website if you haven't heard of them before.  www.fracturedprune.com  Then, I spent the morning reading on the beach which was fantastic!  Hardly anyone was there and a nice cool breeze kept me from getting hot.  I did get a little sunburned and Ben got a nice flip flop tan!  Tuesday evening we ate dinner and watched a movie back at the condo.

Wednesday wasn't as great as Tuesday.  The sky was overcast for most of the morning and it was a little cooler so we did not venture out on the beach.  Instead, we played mini golf, which I smoked Ben in, and got some Rita's.  Then we cleaned and packed up to go back home!

So that's what we've been up to the past week.  Now I am just enjoying my last few days of freedom!!






No comments:

Post a Comment