Saturday, June 11, 2011

1 week down, 3 to go!

Done my first week of classes for this semester!  Which means I have 3 weeks to go and then my first two classes for my Masters will be over!!  The two classes I am currently taking are about reading and assessing literacy.  I absolutely LOVE them!  Which I didn't say much in my undergrad classes, haha!  But I really am enjoying them.  My two professors are really nice and engaging.  In one class, my professor does a "book blessing" at the beginning of each class where she brings in about 10-12 books that are great for classrooms.  The class loves this because we are all waiting to see if a favorite childhood book will be blessed that day!  She blesses all genres too but a lot of them are children's books and it is so much fun!

Do you remember your favorite childhood book?  Mine was the Jolly Postman which was about a mail carrier and each page was an envelope and you could take the contents out and read them!  I loved it and its probably why I love getting the mail nowadays!!  Sooo many good children's books!

I also received my placement for student teaching in the fall!  I will be at Elkridge Elementary School with Kristin Stansbury who is a 2nd grade teacher.  This was the exact school and grade I wanted so I am super excited for it to start!  I went in on Thursday and spent a good portion of the day with Kristin.  She's great and a fun fact for the day, she and I got married on the same day last summer!  We have the same anniversary!  It was meant to be.  I must say, it was quite weird to be called Mrs. Alvarez!  Guess I will have to get used to that.

After 1 week, I am still enjoying grad school!  1 down, many to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment