Wednesday, March 29, 2017

So So Tired...

I know I said this when we moved into our old house almost 4 years ago but....I really hope I never have to move again.  It's hard work!  When we moved last time, it was summer, we didn't have any kids, and I could just do what I wanted all day.  This time, school is still in session, we have two toddlers to somehow keep safe, and boxes everywhere.  It's driving me crazy!

We're slowly getting through all the boxes and the ones that I'm not ready to deal with yet are being put in a room for now.  Out of sight, out of mind right?  We've actually gotten a lot done in a week and a half.  My parents took the girls the first weekend we moved which gave us tons of time to start unpacking and paint their bedroom.  My mom came up this past weekend to entertain them while we kept unpacking and yesterday Noelle was sent home with a fever (though I swear she held the thermometer up to a lightbulb because she's been fine ever since!) so I had yesterday afternoon and today to work on the house while we wait out our 24hrs fever free. 
 
When we woke up the first Sunday morning in our new house, this was the view outside.

 
I was determined to paint the girls' room the same as their old room...more for me than them!  I loved that room and I spent the whole weekend painting it so it was ready when they came back.

 
Here's the last picture of our old house.  We made several trips there and back fixing stuff up, bringing odds and ends that the movers didn't get, and just making sure it was ready to go.  We shed some tears when we said goodbye, it was a great house and if we could have picked it up and put it somewhere else, we would have but Ben said that was too expensive :).  As sad as we were to leave it, we are happy and excited about our new home.

I don't have many other pictures yet but I will share them once I have them.  I kind of want to have a whole room complete before sharing and we currently don't have one of those yet ;)  I have lots of big ideas for this place and I can't wait to share them with you as we make this house a home.

I'm hoping to get around to doing our monthly miscellaneous pictures for March as well but we shall see :)

1 comment: