Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Favorites: One year ago today...

 I only have one Friday Favorite to share today!  Linking up with my wanna-be friends Andrea, Narci, and Erika!  One year ago today we went to our doctor's appointment to find out the gender of our baby!  We were going to have the technician seal it in an envelope and reveal it at a gender reveal party two days later.  While we were walking into the appointment, I jokingly told Ben, "Well, I guess this is our last chance to find out if there are twins!"  He replied, "That's not funny!"  See, the entire pregnancy so far I kept feeling like there were two babies in there.  Two sonogram appointments and one heartbeat appointment showed that there was only one, healthy baby, so I thought my mother's intuition was waaayyy off.  About 30 minutes later, we found out that my intuition was correct!  We were expecting identical twins!  And a few days later, we found out they were identical twin girls.  You can read more about our gender reveal party here.


Since we knew we had a BIG secret to share, I set up a camera to video tape the audience's reaction and asked one of my best friends to video tape us with the video camera.  I finally put both of them together in a little video to share.  I tried to put the video right on here from YouTube but it kept telling me it was private, which it's not!  So click Gender Reveal Party to see it.


 
7 weeks...only one baby (I asked a nurse about the second shady blob after we knew there were two, and she said that was something else, not the second baby, because they weren't close enough together)

 
11 weeks...still only one baby...

15 weeks we had a heartbeat appointment and only one heart beat was heard...

 
19.5 weeks...and BAM!  Then there were two :) This is the first picture of our little aliens together.  Noelle (Baby A) is on the left, Natalie (Baby B) is on the right.

 
Natalie on top, Noelle's head on the bottom.


This is definitely a day I'll never forget.  Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. How very sweet!!! And shocking!! Did they say how they missed it in the first two sonograms?!
    Stopping by from the link up
    <3 Sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, they never said anything! Further into the pregnancy, I went to the dr and ended up seeing the midwife. She had trouble finding Baby B's heartbeat so she asked a dr to come in and in the process told the dr my story. The dr asked me who did my initial sonograms and I told her I didn't remember because it was her and that would've been awkward! She looked at the chart and I'm sure saw her name...didn't say anything! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! Thats really awesome. And really sweet that you knew all along. Mama always knows best :-)
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW sooo sweet! What a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete