Sunday, February 8, 2015

Counting Down


It feels like we have been counting down since July 1st, when we found out I was pregnant.  Back then, nine months seemed sooooooo long!  And all of a sudden, it's here.  I will be 36 weeks tomorrow and our goal was to make it to 37.  I have no doubt that these girls will make it one more week and I have a feeling that they will need some coaxing to come out.  I go to my regular doctor tomorrow and am hoping that we will schedule an induction date for the following week in case they don't come on their own.  Which would mean that this might be my last week of work for awhile!

It's hard to believe that the end is almost here.  I've been trying to enjoy what I can of these last few weeks of pregnancy, especially since I lost three weeks since they're twins and need to come earlier than singletons.  I also don't know if this is the only time I'll be pregnant or not, but if it is, I want to be able to enjoy it as much as possible, even through all of the aches and pains and sleepless nights.  The other day I was trying to think of five things that I would miss about being pregnant and five things that I would not miss about being pregnant.  The not miss list was a bit easier to come up with when I was thinking about it!  Here's what I came up with (in case you care, haha):

Things I Will Not Miss About Being Pregnant
(in no particular order)

1. Having more than 6 shirts and 2 pairs of pants to wear.  I had more but at this point, even my maternity clothes don't fit.
2. Stretchy, itchy skin that I can't reach to scratch!
3. Needing at least five minutes to put on my one pair of shoes that still fit and wearing them all day until I'm positive I'm not going out anymore.  It's not worth putting them on more than once a day!
4. Unable to get comfortable enough to sleep more than 2 hours at a time.
5. Retaining so much fluid that my legs look like the Pillsbury Doughboy and my wedding rings haven't fit since September.  Thank goodness it's not summer and I can hide my legs and ankles!  Twice the babies = twice the fluid! 

Things I Will Miss About Being Pregnant
(again, in no particular order)

1. Marveling at how my body is capable of growing and sustaining not just one life, but two!
2. Feeling my babies move and kick me from the inside.
3. How Ben takes care of me and the babies...not that he doesn't always take care of me but there's something different now that he's taking care of me AND our babies.  A different level of love.
4. Strangers being nice to me all the time...why can't we all be nice to each other all the time?  
5. Being amazed at how God has taken care of me and these babies this entire pregnancy.  There are so many risks when you become pregnant and even more when you're having twins, and even more when those twins are identical and God has kept us safe the entire time.  And I know He will continue to amaze us through their birth and starting life together as a family of four!

Hopefully by the next time I write we will have an end date in sight, an official countdown to the birth of our little girls.  We are excited, nervous, scared, elated, so many feelings all at once.  Overall, we can't wait to hold our babies and have them meet the world!

Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment