Saturday, November 16, 2013

Hiking Great Falls

I totally meant to get this post up earlier in the week but it flew by!  We have entered the busy time of the year...parent conferences are next week, Thanksgiving is right after that, my birthday is in a few days, I had a field trip this week, the list goes on and on and on!  And soon, it will be Christmas!!!!! 39 more days!!! (not that I'm counting or excited or anything...)

Last weekend, Ben and I went hiking with Kevin and his new girlfriend, Lisa.  She's really cool and we had a lot of fun hiking the billy Goat trail in the Great Falls park.  The trail is about 4.7 miles long and according to the sign, one of the most strenuous trails on the east coast.  Mainly because it has a lot of climbing over and on top of rocks, which is a lot of fun!  We had a great time and I took a ton of pictures.  The weather was beautiful and the trail was packed with lots of hikers.  There was a boy scout troop that we kept trying to dodge since they were so loud!  Near the end, we came upon a couple and the poor girl had just taken a tumble down the trail.  She had a yucky bump on her head and a hurt wrist but she didn't want us to call anyone.  She was more calm than the guy she was with! He kept telling us to call 911 but it wasn't that serious.  After a few minutes of resting we helped her up and they went on their way.  I hope she got some medical attention once they got off the trail!  Luckily we were near the end so they didn't have far to go.








We tried to take a "selfie" pic!  Some success...










My handsome hiker!


This part was fun!  You had to climb up the side of the rocks, sometimes on your hands and knees.  It was somewhat steep.  I think I read somewhere that it was a 50 degree incline but I could be wrong.  Soon after this, we saw two dogs, one with three legs, climbing the rocks.  We decided that we couldn't complain anymore, haha!



Behind us.


See, kind of steep!




That woman was waiting for us to get out of the way so she could take a picture of her friend on the little bridge.




Bambi was there to say hello. No, we weren't this close, I just have an excellent zoom on my camera.



Hiking was lots of fun!  If you like hiking, you should totally look up the Billy Goat Trail at Great Falls Park.  


No comments:

Post a Comment