Saturday, October 18, 2014

Family Weekend at Bridgewater



Two weekends ago we traveled to Bridgewater College in Virginia with Ben's family to see Chessie for Family Weekend!  It had been about six weeks since we had seen her and I think we were all excited to spend a weekend together.  After getting home and looking through my phone, I realized that I didn't take quite as many pictures as I thought I did so there's only a few to share!

We arrived Friday afternoon and Chessie took us on a tour of her college campus.  Bridgewater is a really adorable campus with beautiful buildings and open spaces.  It's right in a little town that's really cute as well.  It was drizzling the whole time so we spent most of the tour dashing from building to building.  Ben and I kept giving Chessie a hard time when she would tell us how long it takes her to cross campus, which turned out to be about 7 minutes, and it took us a good 20-25 minutes at Maryland!  After our tour, we ate at a really good Mexican restaurant and just spent time hanging out for awhile.  Then we went to see a dueling piano show!  It was the first time any of us had seen one and it was awesome!  I highly recommend seeing a dueling piano show if you ever get the chance.  I thought the two pianos would sort of battle back and forth with songs, the intensity increasing but it was more of a spontaneous sing-a-long.  The audience requested songs and the musicians took turns playing the songs on the spot as we all sang along to them.  The show lasted three hours and the guys were awesome piano players, singers, and provided comedic relief.  It was great.  They also played the keytar (keyboard that is guitar style) and harmonica.  The only pictures I ended up taking were from the show.  If you ever get a chance to see a dueling piano show, definitely go see it!  During the show, Bridgewater fed us lots of snacks and drinks on the house!  I apologize in advance for the low quality pictures...they were taken with my phone.






 
The Village People stopped by to show us the YMCA.





 
Elvis was there too!


We spent Saturday morning at a huge book fair.  There were three warehouses filled with books.  I scored some great ones for school, two for the baby, and one for me that I am really excited to look through.  It's a huge book all about I Love Lucy, which is my favorite show and it was only $5!  Such a good deal.  After the book fair we went into downtown Bridgewater/Harrisonburg to eat lunch and then went back to the hotel to get ready for the football game.  Once we were back at the hotel, we looked at the weather, saw how cold it was supposed to be that evening (in the 30's!) and decided to skip the football game and just hang out.  So that's what we did!

Sunday was uneventful as we got up, ate breakfast at the hotel, packed up and headed back to Maryland.  It was so much fun getting to see Chessie and to see her college.  Hopefully she will invite us back next year!  And I'll try to take more pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment