Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day

I can't believe February is already half-way over!  I still feel like we're in January!  Though, it felt more like April 17th today instead of February 17th....the weather was gorgeous!  When I got of work this afternoon, it was 67 degrees out!  I rode home with the windows and sunroof down with the music up...a great way to end the work day.  It seems like Punxsutawney Phil was right this year!  Here's proof: http://www.groundhog.org/

So Valentine's Day (or Singles-Awareness Day, depending on your love life) was this past Monday.  Ben and I celebrated our first one as a married couple.  On Saturday, we went to Outback Steakhouse and demolished a bunch of delicious food and then rented a movie.  Very chill and relaxing.  Ben brought me 15 red roses (we don't know why it was 15 instead of 12) that are still beautiful and alive today!  They smell sooo good...roses are one of my favorite flowers.  Daffodils are my other and they're about to start popping up with spring coming!  Then on Sunday, we made sugar cookies together and decorated them with icing and sprinkles.  I gave Ben his gift which was a set of Bucky Balls.  If you haven't heard of these yet, visit their website: www.getbuckyballs.com  They're a set of 216 little magnetic balls that are very strong and highly addictive to play with and create things.  We've enjoyed playing with them!  Monday nights dinner consisted of steak, mashed potatoes, and green beans which is a favorite of ours.  And that was our Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment